- Ivy Cottage
- 37.5 Hours
- Ackton, La, Pontefract WF7 6HP
An amazing new job opportunity has arisen for a committed Deputy Manager to work in a community-based residential care setting in Ackton, West Yorkshire. As the Deputy Manager, you will be working for Ivy Care who provides assessment and support for adults living with learning disabilities and complex needs.
As the Deputy Manager, your key responsibilities include:
- Promote an enabling environment, ensuring high standards of professional practice, whilst ensuring compliance with CQC regulatory standards are met at all times
- Be required to deputise in the absence of the manager
- Provide specific management, support, advice and motivation to the staff team to ensure that the people who use our services are supported to be as independent as possible and achieve their goals. We are looking for people to join us to help achieve our aim of delivering a fantastic person-centred support service
- Need to have experience of working with people who have a learning disability and can present with complex behaviours. You will also have held a supervisory role within the social care sector
- Be highly flexible in your approach
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- Strong Management and Leadership skills • Caring & compassionate • Passionate about delivering outstanding support to all residence • Excellent organisation skills • Effective communication skills
To be considered for this position you must have an NVQ Level 3 or 4 in Health or Social Care
This post is subject to the enhanced level DBS check – Because of the nature of its work with vulnerable adults, Ivy Care uses the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to make checks at an enhanced level on all persons whose work or proposed work for any Group Company will involve regular contact with or working in close proximity to vulnerable adults in Ivy Care.